Hello

Hello! 你好!こんにちわ!

I have decided to create this blog to further solidify my polyglot dream.

According to Google, to qualify as a polyglot you have to speak four or more languages fluently.

Here is my current language status and background.

  1. English (Native)
  2. Chinese (Native)
  3. Hokkien Dialect (Some comprehension, poor speaking ability)
  4. Japanese (Passed N3, but very rusty)
  5. French (2 semesters in university. I like it but I'm rusty and have not spoken French in years.)
  6. Thai (1 semester in university)
  7. German (1 semester in university. I am terrible at it.)
  8. Bahasa Indonesia (200+ days on Duolingo)
  9. Korean (Beginner)

To be honest, other than my native languages, I'm quite poor at the other languages. I can probably read, eavesdrop and have basic conversations but that's about it. 

I have completely forgotten my Thai alphabet and struggle with the Korean ones too. My Japanese is totally wrecked and I hope to rescue it before all my previous efforts go down the drain. 

My interest in each language also fluctuates. Sometimes I also just want to dip my toes into it and see if I want to invest more time in it (See: Thai, German)

I know I really should pick a few to focus on though! That would probably be the fastest and the most effective.

On this blog I will be posting what I have learnt from books, videos, news articles and podcasts! This blog is mainly for me but it can be for you too. 

♡ CURRENT GOALS JULY 2022♡ 

  • Improve my Chinese vocabulary and expression
    Read 10 Chinese novels by end of 2022 (currently 1/10)
  • Learn 200 new Japanese kanji, improve vocabulary and expression
  • Learn to read and write Korean alphabet
  • Learn enough Malay to be able to read children's books and hold basic conversations
    Read 10 Children's Malay books

Being a polyglot is on my bucket list, and I know to reach this goal I have to work insanely hard. Nevertheless I am sure it will be fun and I hope this blog will be an extra driving factor to help me reach it. 

Love, 
Skye

Comments